Category Archives: Project

Hidden attic dipole antenna installation

So it has been forever since I’ve posted anything, let alone made any serious attempts at “playing radio” so I figured that I should change that! I’ve had too many excuses not to get this project done; time to make … Continue reading

Posted in General, Project | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | 2 Comments

APRS & Soundmodem

I was not satisfied with my prior results with the APRS testing, so I setup soundmodem in an Ubuntu environment on my trusty netbook and set-off to decode packets. As expected, everything went well – soundmodem was decoding local packets … Continue reading

Posted in General, Project | Tagged , , , , | 3 Comments

Raspberry Pi & Soundmodem – It works!!

It is a bout time for an update on my Raspberry Pi APRS project. (Part 01) Many months ago I was working on getting a Raspberry Pi working for APRS work. I was experiencing a ton of issues with getting … Continue reading

Posted in Operating, Project | Tagged , , , , , | 12 Comments

Interface v0.20 laid-out

Having recently explored the signal integrity issues in the Interface v0.11, I’ve re-tooled the board to use the TY-311P transformers in v0.1 which meant a total redesign of the layout. In the most recent version, I’ve grouped the components in … Continue reading

Posted in Project | Tagged , , , , , , , | 2 Comments