Still working away on my temporary VPS solutions while I source a new 1U server to replace my old system. The old unit finally died after 11+ years of continuous service.
I expect it will be a couple of weeks until I can ship a stress-tested server to my data center in Tampa. Until that time, we will experience some minor glitches here and there.
More to follow …
(update): Mar 29 2011
- Purchased 1U server via web-site from PCCyber – was told should hear back within 48 hours.
- Waited one week and still did not hear back from PCCyber.
- Called them and the web-sales goon indicated that he forgot to call me to let me know the server was on back-order.
- Canceled order with incompetent company (history of troubles with them)
- Purchased the same equipment from PC-Canada. Should be at my door in a day or two (Ie. April Fool’s).
So, all should be back to “normal” soon – not that anyone would realize the difference I am sure (being that this is all behind the scenes stuff). Just frustrating really – and I wanted to share my experience with the other knowledgeable sysadmins of present and of past.